You agree that we can place cookies and other similar technology on your device, including mobile device. By continuing to use your mobile device to access this website, you agree that the following information may be collected: your unique device identifier, mobile device IP address, information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier and your location information (to the extent permissible under applicable law).
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site and allow a site to recognize your device, as well as information collected which allows to uniquely identify users based on their browser configuration.
Cookies lets you navigate between pages efficiently and remembers your preferences and generally improves your user experience. Cookies ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
We may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content and offers based on your profile, and for the other purposes described below, to the extent legally permissible in certain jurisdictions.
Some of the cookies we use don't collect information that identifies a visitor. For example –
· Performance cookies (see below)
· Targeting cookies (see below) where you are not a registered user
In other cases, we can associate cookie information (including information from cookies placed via our advertisements on third party sites) with an identifiable individual. For example –
· If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we may know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
· When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from us, we may also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site
Do you use any cookies from third party companies?
Some cookies we use are placed by third party companies, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IOS, Android, etc. These companies may use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you are on our sites. This code is only active while you are on Sealand Maersk website. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies: For Internet Explorer a help guide is available here, for Mozilla a help guide is available here, for Chrome a help guide is available here, for Safari a help guide is available here, for IOS a help guide is available here, for Android a help guide is available here.
Do we use any non-cookie tracking technologies?
We may also use web beacons (including conversion pixels) or other technologies for similar purposes as above and we may include these on our sites, in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletter, affiliated websites, to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but they may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor website activity. The information provided below about cookies also applies to web beacons and similar technologies. Conversion pixels are small codes located on a particular web page which are triggered when someone visits a page resulting in an increase in the conversion count.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site, you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies may have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system may issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies:
Strictly Necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided:
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize them through their visit and when they return to the site
Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about your visit and use of this website, for instance which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how this website works.
- Referrer URL (internal page) – Used to store the URL of the previous page visited. Allows us to track how visitors navigate throughout our site.
- Referrer URL (external page, including if you click on links on our social media pages) – Used to store the URL which refers a visitor to our site so we may understand which URLs are referring visitors to our site.
- URL history – Used to store the pages visited by a user.
- Unregistered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each visitor to allow analysis on how unregistered visitors use our site.
- Session Management cookies – These cookies allow us to follow the actions of a user on our sites during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window, visits our sites and finishes when they leave our sites and close their browser window. Our Session Management cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, our Session Management cookies are deleted.
These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user to our site, used to serve them content and offers based on their profiles. Also used for analysis and marketing purposes.
Targeting cookies - These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- Analytics and intelligence cookies
- Third Party cookies. The Targeting cookies may also be used on third party websites and third parties may use them on our websites as follows:
Maersk advertisements on non-Maersk sites – Cookies may be placed on non-Maersk sites so that when you click on an Maersk advertisement located on these sites, Maersk is provided with this information to enable us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising
This cookie declaration shows what domains receive data from cookies on this website. The cookie declaration is updated monthly by Cookie Information. If you have any questions please write to email@example.com.